Coronavirus (COVID-19) is an illness caused by a virus that can spread from person to person.
The virus that causes COVID-19 is a new coronavirus that has spread throughout the world. COVID-19 symptoms can range from mild (or no symptoms) to severe illness.
What we’ve done so far…
Implement social distancing strategies
- Instead of our year end celebration at the New Hyde Park Inn, we started the summer with our emotional Drive-by celebration for all of our 2020 graduates and children who were stepping up this year. Thank you for all of your support. Our teachers and administrators really missed our students.
- We’ve adjusted our class/group ratios to meet with the CDC guidelines.
- During naptime our mats (or cribs) are spaced out as much as possible. We’ve arranged student mats with a head-to-toe arrangements to further reduce the potential for viral spread.
- We’ve implemented curb side drop off and pick up in an effort to limit direct contact between parents and staff members and adherence to social distancing recommendations.
Parent Drop-Off and Pick-Up
- Hand hygiene stations have been installed at the entrance of each of our facilities, so that children can clean their hands before they enter. Hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol next to parent sign-in sheets to prevent potential spread between pen use.
- Entry to programs restricted to children and staff only at this time.
- Upon entry every child must demonstrate that they’re fever and symptom-free with our touch-free devices. Persons who have a fever of 100.40 (38.00C) or above or other signs of illness are not admitted to the facility.
- Each child must now pass their CDC healthcheck along with their OCFS mandated health checks to enter the premise. Parents are now being instructed to be on high alert for signs of illness in their children and to keep them home when they are sick.
- Signs have been posted to maintain social distancing.
Intensify cleaning and disinfection efforts
- We sanitize, and disinfect surfaces and objects that are frequently touched, especially toys and games. Our staff are also disinfecting and cleaning all doorknobs, light switches, classroom sink handles, counter-tops, nap pads, toilet training potties, desks, chairs, cubbies, and playground structures.
- All cleaning products used are EPA-registered, fragrance-free household disinfectants.
- Children’s bedding is kept separate and stored in individual labeled bins, or bags. Cots and mats are labeled for each child.
Implemented screening procedures upon arrival
- Family screening for possible COVID-19 exposure have been implemented as part of our drop-off procedure.
- 14 day quarantine policy has been instituted for any families traveling to areas that have significant degree of community-wide spread of COVID-19 as in accordance with the NY Department of Health.
We are committed to keeping Loving Childcare COVID-19-FREE!
Please continue to check for more updates.